The Learning Thermometer is a tool to help students:
- Reflect upon their learning;
- Get tailored feedback about strategies, resources, and support that might be useful to them doing well in their subject;
- Develop individual learning plans to optimise their success in the course.
The Learning Thermometer provides teaching staff with:
- Group data at four time points during the semester to help them fine-tune the course to improve student learning outcomes.
- Summary data at the end of semester including:
- Teaching Value Index (TVI);
- Student satisfaction;
- Student engagement;
- Percentage of surveys completed by each student.