Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions set out below apply to your access and use of the Learning Thermometer website.
You will need to consent to these terms and conditions before you access or use the Learning Thermometer website.
If you do not accept the following terms and conditions, you are not authorized to use the Learning Thermometer website.
We reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Any amendments will be effective immediately upon notification on this website.
Cancellation or Suspension
We reserve the right to cancel or suspend your access to the website if you breach these terms and conditions.
You will use the website for its authorized purpose and for no other purpose. The purpose is:
- To assist students to reflect upon their learning, get tailored feedback, and provide them with strategies and links to resources and supports that may help them.
- To provide academic staff with group data to receive feedback about: a the class progress towards learning outcomes; b) the usefulness of resources and the learning environment; c) student engagement and satisfaction.
- To provide academic staff with a measure of teaching performance.
- To provide academic staff with student completion rates of The Learning Thermometer surveys.
- For quality assurance purposes to evaluate and enhance the Learning Thermometer learning outcomes for university students.
You are responsible for your use of the website and for any content that you may provide. You will warrant and ensure that any content you provide is not defamatory, illegal, offensive, or fraudulent. In addition, you must not provide information that may infringe the intellectual property rights, moral rights or privacy rights of a third party.
You agree that Learning Thermometer may hold or store any content or information including personal information provided by you. You consent to the Learning Thermometer providing your personal information to a third party either in Australia or overseas for the purpose of hosting or supporting the website and its contents.
Compliance with the University Policies
While you are a student or staff member of a University registered to use this site, the use of this website is subject to that University's policies.
We do not accept responsibility for, nor do we warrant, that the information provided in the website is up to date, reliable, accurate, or complete.
We accept no responsibility for any loss or damage caused by your access or use of the website or your reliance on any information or material contained in this website.
Copyright in this website including text, graphics, logos, material, and software is owned or licensed by us. You may not adapt, reproduce, store or distribute or create derivative works from any part of this website.
These terms and conditions are governed by the laws in force in the State of Queensland, Australia.